Selling Your Property
Service, knowledge, expertise and discretion as standard
Others talk about service – we live it:
- We listen to your priorities, and tailor our marketing to fit around your timescale.
- We aim to fit around your day rather than expecting you to fit around ours.
- We keep you continually informed of viewing arrangements, feedback and the progress of the sale by email and telephone.
- We make use of the most advanced technology, using the full armoury of digital marketing techniques, including a digital window display, 55″ interactive touch screen, social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) and local property publications.
- We provide mobile contact for both Luke and Iain, giving you comfort in a personal service.
With 30 years experience of property in the Wimborne and North Dorset area, we supplement our unrivalled knowledge of this unique market with an energetically proactive attitude, putting an enviable portfolio of private and professional contacts at your disposal.
Our national network of contacts are sourced through our professional network of surveyors, land agents and larger relocation companies who tend to bring like-minded buyers looking for a certain quality and standard of property, within the Wimborne conurbation.
Our appraisals and marketing guidance are effective, due to our committed weekly and monthly monitoring of the housing market and we double check our opinions using technologies taken from the national House Price Index and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. This, coupled with our 30 years in the town, provides you with the local experience required. No-one else offers this transparency and it allows us to demonstrate that our opinions are not just designed to win us your instruction, but to give you the confidence that your property will achieve the best price possible. All our Market Appraisals are without obligation, as a free service to all our clients.
So, what do Fisks actually do to earn your instruction and our fee?
Pre and at the appointment
- Provide an accurate valuation taking into account our market knowledge as well as using insights from major portals and comparable evidence of recent transactions from the wider market place.
- Explain all of the client obligations and contract terms in detail.
- Provide a comprehensive marketing pack and brochure detailing the above.
- Answer any and all questions.
- Assist with any onward move advice. As part of the RICS, we can offer assistance in this regard on a national level as well as, naturally, on a local one.
- Provide/ organise any relevant additional advice required including financial advice from our Independent Financial Adviser or legal advice from one of our Legal/ Conveyancing Partners if required. We can even arrange a removal/clearance or storage quotation.
- Discuss a marketing strategy to suit the client and/ or tenants circumstances/ lifestyle. This could include open days, block viewings, accompanied viewings (in pretty much every case).
- Prepare a full set of property particulars including detailed and quality photography, floor plans, energy performance ratings and area guides.
- Ensure that the above are approved and signed off by the client to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Telephone our database of applicants who have been vetted and are ready to view.
- Email our entire database as above.
- Ensure that the property is included within the pages of our own monthly e-magazine.
- Place the property on Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location and our own Fisks Website.
- Advertise the property in the local and wider press.
- Organise all viewings to the property as per our client’s requirements and instructions.
- Keep our client fully appraised with all development on a minimum weekly basis.
At point of offer
- Negotiate offers, explain all of the legalities of renting or buying to the tenant or purchaser (ensure a full and thorough check on the entire chain including the purchaser’s financial position and ‘ability to proceed’ before taking the property off the market).
- Proved written details of all offers received.
At acceptance of offer
Ensure a comprehensive memorandum of sale is issued to all parties in a timely fashion, including details of any special agreements reached at point of offer.
- Ensure that all details are available to us including the details of every estate agent, solicitor and/ or mortgage adviser throughout the entire chain both above and below.
- Maintain regular contact with all parties involved on a minimum weekly basis as part of our Sales Progression Service Standard.
- Update all parties regularly with information and monitor the entire chain, not just our own transaction.
- Advise our clients accordingly of any changes.
- Take action where required to re-market a property if progress is not to our client’s initial expectations.
Progress the chain accordingly ensuring all key points are reached throughout the entire chain including:
- Solicitors instructed.
- Issue of contracts.
- Survey instructed (if required).
- Survey booked.
- Survey report received.
- Completion of preliminary enquiries. Assisting with addressing of any issues or queries as required.
- Addressing any points required following survey e.g. renegotiation, damp reports, electrical reports, etc.
- Mortgage offer (if required).
- Assist in address any points conditional with the mortgage offer, e.g. retention for works to be completed.
- Completion of searches. Assisting with addressing of any issues or queries as required.
- Monitor the fact that all in the chain have signed contracts, returned them and transferred any exchange monies as required.
- Assist in agreeing a completion date.
- Advise all parties once exchange has been effected.
- Provide a detailed exchange letter to all (providing key information to the purchaser including utility suppliers etc).
- Manage the handover of keys.
Absolute discretion assured
We operate within your preferred marketing framework, whether a private sale or open market offering. Either way, you can rely on Fisks to protect your best interests with the utmost integrity.